Always Blooming Landscapes offers a Turn Key solution to your home's landscape design and maintenance needs. We offer Landscape Design services that includes installing Hardscapes, Paver Installations, Retaining Walls, French Drains, Turf Replacement and Sodding. From start to finish, we handle it all serving the Niceville and surrounding areas.
Interlocking Pavers are the ideal solution for creating beautiful patios, walkways and driveways in Niceville and the Surrounding Areas, because of the design flexibility and the superior drainage it provides.
What are Pavers?
"Paver" refers to flat stones designed for paving walkways, patios, and driveways. Choices of Concrete and Brick Pavers are installed the same way and both offer tremendous durability and years of use.
What is the difference between Brick and Concrete Pavers?
Concrete Pavers are made by pouring a mixture of concrete and adding a coloring agent into a mold of some shape and allowing to set. These are designed to interlock with each other. Concrete Pavers are very durable and offer unlimited design applications. Pavers made from concrete are the preferred choice of pavers in the Niceville and surrounding areas.
- Color is achieved by mixing in various types of clays, color retains better than concrete, when exposed to UV rays.
- Durability- Chips might occur with bricks, but they last for generations. Bricks may crack due to stress of traffic, or moisture, while concrete pavers can erode and fade over time.
- Clay bricks resist staining and require less maintenance and cleaning than concrete pavers.
- Increased Labor to install Brick pavers.
- All pavers are durable, bricks are more likely to crack under heavy vehicle traffic.
Pavers are usually more expensive than concrete, due to the manufacturing process and labor. Where Concrete locally costs around $5 to $8 per square foot pavers are going to much more due to the material costs and prep work involved. Prepping the area where the pavers are to be installed can be intensive. Often this involves removing concrete, roots and rocks. Then you need to prep the bed and insure the drainage is correct. From there you have additional labor for the installation and design.
While Pavers may be more expensive in some instances, keep in mind you are creating a work of art for your home that will be enjoyed for generations to come.
There are a lot of factors involved in coming up with your Paver installation quote, which is why we don't offer a per square foot installed price. The Paver material pricing is all across the board, site conditions and access varies from house to house, which is why we are happy to come to your home to give you a through estimate and explain options available to you.
Expert installation of Brick and Concrete Pavers
The key to installing a Beautiful and Sustainable Paver project is prepping the foundation correctly. This is based on the type of traffic and the weight of the traffic. The process of prepping the area involves removing the current substrate, or soil and testing it.
We use geo fabric materials to create the best foundation possible for your pavers. We will remove old roots and concrete to create a new foundation for your brick pavers.
Drainage is a critical part to ensure the lifespan of Pavers. We will address proper drainage while prepping the foundation. Then we take the extra step of using a vibrating plate compactor, to create a solid foundation for your Pavers.
While installing Pavers, we will custom cut to fit the design and our final step is to top pavers with polymeric sand to all Paver joints.
What Is Polymeric Sand
Polymeric sand is used to fill the joints between Pavers, including concrete, brick and stone Pavers. This product is a fine sand combined with additives, usually silica, that, when mixed with water, form a binding agent. These binders lock the sand particles together, which helps lock all of the Pavers together.
Benefits of using Polymeric Sand
- Polymeric Sand improves durability by binding agents that help lock the Pavers together. Thus more strength over the long haul.
- A heavy rain will not wash all of the sand out of the joints between Pavers if you use polymeric sand. This will help keep the foundation of your project sturdy, as well.
- It deters weed plants.
- Polymeric Sand deters Ants.
- Polymeric sand comes in a variety of colors, to complement your Pavers.
Yes, we can install Pavers over existing concrete. This is a case by case scenario.
Always Blooming Landscape will take additional steps to ensure your brick, or concrete Paver installation is installed correctly and will endure the traffic on the Pavers to last for generations.
The selection of concrete, or Brick Pavers is unlimited. We have access to virtually any color and design of Brick and Cement Pavers you can imagine. Contact us directly for more information.
We are highly rated on Home Advisor- Read our REVIEWS
Installation of Retaining Walls
A Retaining wall is a structure that holds or retains soil behind it. Various materials that can be used such as concrete blocks, poured concrete, timber, rocks, or boulders. You can also incorporate a Retaining Wall Planter.
Given the fact we live in the Sub Tropics, we recommend Commercial Grade Cement Interlocking Blocks for retaining walls and not timber due to termites and our sandy soil base.
Always Blooming Landscape will ask several questions in order to determine the best type of retaining wall to build.
For example, is the soil sand, clay, or something in between? What is above the wall: a driveway or something heavier like a pool? Will the ground above or below the wall be level or sloped? What is the height of the wall? Walls can be 6" above grade up to 30" using Residential grade block, or 8" to 42" using commercial grade wall block. Retaining walls higher than 42" generally require engineered drawings and Always Blooming Landscape can refer you to these professionals.
Installation of French Drains
Proper Drainage is essential for all types of Pavers, Retaining walls, Landscaping and your home's foundation. Always Blooming Landscaping is experienced in installing french drains.
A French drain
or some customers from up north will call it a "Weeping Tile," is a trench filled with gravel or rock or containing a perforated pvc pipe that redirects surface water and groundwater away from an area. A French drain can have perforated hollow pvc pipes along the bottom to quickly vent water that seeps down through the upper gravel or rock
Fence Installation Service
Fences are a good way to define your property, accent an area of your home, or just to create more privacy. At times a fence could end up being a critical part of your Hardscape design. This could be a Wood, Aluminum, or even a Chain Link design. Always Blooming landscape Services installs fences in select cities. Ask us for more details if you are looking to add a fence into your project.
Re-Sodding Grass & Turf Replacement-
Not all grass is created equal. The Most common types of grass in the Niceville & Surrounding area, are Centipede, Bermuda, Saint Augustine and Zoysia.
However, some grass is better suited than others in certain areas. This will depend on the shade, neighboring trees, slope of yard and type of soil.
Do you have problem Grass areas? Always Blooming Landscape Services will meet with you to discuss the causes and offer solutions as to why your current grass is failing.
When removing failing grass areas, we will apply a non discretionary herbicide to kill off all existing grass & weeds. After the recommended time, the area will be either power cultivated, or power tilled, depending on access. We will and then we go back and hand rake to remove any debris. In certain cases PH adjustment may be needed prior to installing the new turf. We will educate the homeowner as to the recommended water, fertilization and pesticide applications. (Supplied by others)
While not every homeowner is interested in maintaining their grass, we offer Turf Replacement
Let us guide you with options to replacing your lawn with ground covers and native plants that will reduce watering, fertilizing and hours spent doing yard work.
Turf Replacement or Sodding is part of our Landscape Design Solutions we offer.
Landscape Design Service Solutions
Landscaping Design Can Improve Your Home's Value in many ways as well as protect your home's foundation and yard. A well planned landscape design is a key to you home's curb appeal and adds to your home's value should you decide to sell it. In addition to curb appeal, a proper landscape design will help lower electric bills by creating shade and prevent soil erosion.
What is Landscape Design?
Landscape Design is your home's Exterior Design. This is the same concept as designing the interior of your home. Your Landscape's Scale and Balance needs to be considered as well as r color choices should complement the exterior features of your home. If you need to camouflage an area of your home you don't like you can do this with your landscape features to pull the eye away from that area. The same goes with an area you like and you want to highlight that feature.
Using a Professional Landscape Designer will make the task much easier and they will put together the project numbers and prioritize items, so you don't become overwhelmed. The Landscape Designer will also address watering, and native plant selections based on the level of maintenance you want to do.
Hiring a Professional Landscape Designer pays off many ways and helps protect your homeowner investment.
The TOP 7 Landscape Features that add to your home's Value are:
1) Edging- Easily overlooked, this quick and easy step is often forgotten in favor of bigger and more expensive landscaping projects. Giving your landscape a lush lawn with a well defined, trimmed edge is a cheap and easy way to boost your home’s curb appeal and value.
2) Mulching- A very inexpensive way to set off your planted beds, edged lawn, and other landscape features is by using plenty of quality mulch. Mulch also is great to keep weeds at bay, as well as protects plants during times of drought.
3) Intentional Design- Make sure your design is intentional and presents a unified look on your property. Do not just add plants without giving thought to the overall concept. You want to achieve a unified design.
4) Seasonal Balance-Plants have varying life cycles and you need to remember this when planning your landscaping. The idea is to make your home look great regardless of the season, not just during the three weeks when all your plants are simultaneously in bloom.
5) Flowering Perennials-Consider the architecture of your home and the need for seasonal balance. Once you have the foundation of your landscape figured out, highlight your home with perennial flowers to add drama.
6) Trees- Tress add a non-architectural element that adds visual interest to your homes features in addition they help shade western exposure of your home to help keep energy costs down. They also can provide a wind break in colder months. Be mindful of the species of trees you select so maintenance does not become an issue.
7) Retaining Walls and Other Features- Hardscapes are the most expensive, but also come with the greatest payoffs in appreciating your home's value. Hardscapes are built in elements of your property such as driveways, patios, terraces, retaining walls, sculptural or architectural focal points. While these are costly to install, they can also add the most potential value to your home.
For some homeowners, it is hard to envision the total project, or need help selecting the right plants that will grow in the Niceville, FL
area. Let our Designers create your new Landscape Design to integrate with the natural surroundings of your home. Computer generated landscape drawings are available for an additional charge.
Landscape Maintenance Services
We offer Landscape Maintenance Services for both Commercial and Residential Customers in Select Areas.
Always Blooming will create a customized schedule to meet your needs to include the following:
Weekly or Bi-Weekly Lawn Services
Mulching & Ground Covers
Irrigation System Repairs
Residential Maintenance Service areas*
Valparisio and Fort Walton Beach Florida.